The upcoming Magento v2.4.4 release will bring close to 250 quality fixes and benefit your projects in numerous ways but the upgrade can be quite challenging, so the Adobe Team has planned an extended beta program to help you prepare all the technology for upgrades.
The Magento v2.4.4 was publicly released on the 8th March 2022, the general availability version everyone is waiting for will be released on the 12th of April 2022.
The Magento v2.4.4 upgrade has many new features and platform enhancements like the support of PHP 8.1 an upgrade from the previous version supported by PHP 7.
Most project libraries have been updated to work with PHP 8.1.
2.4.4 Platform & Security Enhancements
The JQuery has been upgraded and a few changes to the JS libraries, some have been removed and some have been updated and there are also new platform security enhancements with three bug fixes. So you can create new online stores or keep your current online business protected and provide consumers with a fast, safe and reliable online shopping experience.
Magento v2.4.4 Platform Enhancements:
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.16 & OpenSearch 1.2
- JQuery upgraded to v3.6
- The jquery-ui library upgraded to v1.13.0
- Now supported - TinyMCE 5.8.1
- PHPUnit upgraded to 9.5x
- RequireJS library has been upgraded to v2.3.6
- Laminas has been upgraded to the latest version
Magento v2.4.4 Security Enhancements:
- An independent token can create never expiring access
- The option has been disabled as it can be a security issue
- OAuth password and access tokens are now encrypted
- Session ids are not stored in a database
- Coupon codes now have ReCAPTCHA support
- API security improved
- Validation has also been improved
- Prevention of uploading non-alphanumeric file extensions.
Magento v2.4.4 Performance Improvements:
- The 2.4.4 version has optimized the message queue
- You can add more message queue consumers using the multiple consumers feature on a single cloud instance
- Cart Operations for the carts have improved with 750 configurable products
- AsyncOrder feature supports 60,000 orders per an hour
- New multiple processes support
- This feature will have to be enabled
- The sales rules process on checkout has been optimized
- The memory limit has increased in the php.ini file
- All vendor-bundled extensions have been removed from the 2.4.4 version
- The GraphQL cart operations have been improved as well as Storefront performance
- Adobe Commerce will no longer duplicate images when the same CSV file is imported multiple times
*Note: backward incompatibility changes will have impact your extensions.
Magento v2.4.4 will have two BIC updates.
- Inventory Check on Cart load
Magento v2.4.4 Commerce is compatible with:
- Maria DB v10.4.22
- RabbitMQ v3.9.10
- MySQL v8.0.27
- Varnish 7.0.0
Magento v2.4.4 runs PHP 8.1
The major update for the language is the new features such as readonly properties, enums, fibers, Intersection types as well as first-class callable syntax.
- The 2.4.4 release will be supported by PHP 8.1
- Support for PHP 7.3 is removed for v2.4.4
- All project libraries are compatible with the latest PHP version
- The latest version of PHP will bring better performance and improvements
- Enhanced B2B & B2C with headless support
JS Libraries Removed and Upgraded
The following libraries have been upgraded:
- Prototype JS
- Require JS
The libraries below have removed:
The Adobe Team continually makes product upgrades simple with new features and improvements for Magento 2.3.x/2.4.x and supported releases. Adobe Magento still provides quarterly updates and upgrades with new features, improvement upgrades as well as new security enhancements.
The supported release line for Adobe Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source, functional patches and security have or will be released as per schedule for the year 2022.
Magento 2 Scheduled Releases for 2022
*Dates subject to change.
- The last patch release for 2.3.x
- 2.3.x release line will reach the end of support in September 2022.
- No full patch for the release in October 2022