Magento 2.3.5 - What to Expect, Features, Fixes
Magento 2.3.5 New Features
As a Magento developer, you must be wondering about the latest Magento 2.3.5 new features and enhancements. Magento released its latest version on April 28, 2020. Magento Open Source 2.3.5 and Magento Commerce 2.3.5 offers significant platform upgrades, substantial security changes, and performance improvements.
This release includes over 180 functional fixes to the core product with over 25 security enhancements and platform security improvements.
Quarterly releases may contain backward-incompatible changes. Magento 2.3.5 contains minor backward-incompatible changes.
During pre-release, issues were discovered that forced the creation of new packages. So, to expedite delivery, Magento decided to change the name of the full-release patch from 2.3.5 to 2.3.5-p1.
The 2.3.5-p1 package contains all new features and fixes. They also changed the name of the security-only patch for this quarter from 2.3.4-p1 to 2.3.4-p2.
Future releases will follow the typical package naming conventions for full-release and security packages.
- Elasticsearch 7.x supported
- Core integration of third-party payment methods got deprecated
- Core integration of the Signifyd fraud protection code got deprecated
- Upgrade of Symfony Components
- Migration of dependencies on Zend Framework to the Laminas project
- This release introduces a new way of invalidating all customer sections data that avoids a known issue with local storage when custom sections.xml invalidations are active
- Multiple optimizations to Redis performance
Enhancements in Infrastructure:
- The PayPal Pro payment method now works as expected in the Chrome 80 browser.
- A PHPStan code analysis check has been integrated into Magento static builds.
Merchant Tool Enhancements
Page Builder For Magento 2.3.5
- Included Templates: Now, Page Builder has templates that can be created from existing content and applied to new content areas
- Video Backgrounds for Rows, Banners, and Sliders: Page Builder Rows, Banners, and Sliders now have the option to use videos for their backgrounds.
- Full Height Rows, Banners, and Sliders: Page Builder Rows, Banners, and Sliders now have the option to set their heights to the full height of the page.
- Content type upgrade library: We can now introduce new versions of Page Builder content types without introducing backward-incompatible issues with previous versions.
Inventory Management enhancements for this release include:
- New extension point for SourceDataProvider
- Ability to view allocated inventory sources from the Orders list
With this release, you can now use products and categoryList queries to retrieve information about products and categories that have been added to a staged campaign.
PWA Studio 6.0.0 New Features
- Launch of the PWA extensibility framework
- Caching and data fetching improvements
- Shopping cart components
- Integration of Engagement cloud and Magento B2B
- Improved importer performance
The Google Shopping Ads Channel bundled extension has reached end-of-life with this release. Google Shopping ads no longer supported with Magento 2.3.5 version.
The eCommerce technology experts recommend updating your Magento 2 store to the latest version because it not only boosts performance with the latest features but it enhances the security of your eCommerce Store, too. Magento 2.3.5 is all set to boost any Magento 2 eCommerce store until next 2.3.6 release.