Magento v2.4.5 Quarterly Updates, Upgrades and New Features
Magento 2.4.5 Brings Changes
Finally, Adobe has released the Magento 2 version 2.4.5 for general availability on the 09 August 2022.
The Magento 2 release contains massive updates for store owners. There are 290 fixes, enhancements and new scalability improvements. It’s on a whole new level and now works even better in its caching performance, platform quality, security, payment methods and accessibility.
According to Adobe Commerce DevDocs, they have fixed hundreds of issues in the core code of Magento Open Source v2.4.5 and it offers a range of flexible tools to cover marketing, Search Engine Optimisation and catalogue management.
- New File Structure for Magento 2
- CSS Pre-processing
- Security Enhancements
- GraphQL Performance Enhancements
- PWA Studio
- Page Builder
New File Structure
There are major changes to the file structure in the new Magento 2 version. Everything is under app structure and every module has its own directory.
There are 4 types of directories in Magento 2:
- Primary directories - These directories cannot be changed and that includes base directory, code directory, lib directory.
- System directories – This includes DI directory, generation directory. To alter its location you will have to run the Entry Point class.
- Application directories – This includes app directory, design directory, temp directory, cache directory, session directory and log directory.
- Public directories – This includes pub directory, pub view cache directory, media directory and upload directory and static directory.
You can change the location of the public and application directories using the same method applied to change the location of system directory.
Magento 2 no longer uses Bootstrap and now uses own less and CSS in the theme core. It has a publisher to find and publish the CSS together with overview of static files under pub and directory. The publisher also supports pre-processing of files that need to be published using some pre-processors.
- Google reCAPTCHA support for Create New Account, Wish List Sharing and Gift Card Forms.
- Added ACL resources to inventory.
- Inventory template security enhancement.
- Use of VPN.
- MaliciousCode upgraded to
GraphQL Performance Enhancements
- Faster rebuilding of unified store front GraphQL schema on deployment.
- GraphQL API capability to consume the authorization token expiry date and time.
- Allows you to disable the session cookies for all GraphQL operations completely.
- Session usage has been removed from the http
Apple Pay Payments
Adobe has now added Apple pay as a new payment option. There are also a few changes in the PayPal and Braintree payment options.
- Apple pay is now available for all merchants.
- PayPal Pay Later option is now available for Italy and Spain.
- In Store Admin you can now preview PayPal Credit Card and Pay Later buttons in the backend
- Braintree KNOUNT fraud protection has been removed from the Magento v2.4.5 codebase.
- Always request 3DS has been added to the Braintree payment option.
- PWA Studio v12.5.x is now fully compatible with Magento v2.4.5
- PWA Studio’s storefront collects behaviour of shoppers/customers for web analytics services.
- Store Admin can select a service to deploy such as Google Tag Manager
- Page Builder v1.7.2 is compatible with Magento v2.4.5.
- Columns are now exposed allowing users to control column settings on the storefront.
- Column structure now supports wrapping that’s triggered by the user actions.
The Take Home for 2.4.5
If you looking for a balanced eCommerce environment it’s time to upgrade and empower your online store with all the latest Magento v2.4.5 new features and added advancements.
Note: Magento Open Source v2.4.5 contains backward incompatible changes issues.